Dispute Resolution and Legal Support
Football Queensland recognises that not all clubs will have access to resources that can provide specialist administration support in times of need. We are able to assist clubs in these areas by providing:
- A registered Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) to provide assistance in resolving disputes & member protection support; and
- Access to resources and services (e.g. financial and legal support) that are out of the reach of smaller organisations.
A component of every player’s registration fee contributes to both the players Personal Injury Insurance and also the General Liability (Public and Products Liability), Professional Indemnity; and Management Liability insurance of their club and competition administrator.
Provided by the Football Federation Australia’s Insurance Program, Personal Injury Insurance provides basic levels of cover for players and others participating in Football for:
- Permanent injury or death cover;
- Non-Medicare Medical Expense cover; and
- Income replacement cover.
It is not all encompassing (this is necessary to keep the cost of insurance affordable for players) and does not seek to replace the need for private health and other insurances. Football Federation Australia strongly recommend that all players and officials take out separate Private Health Insurance and/or Personal Income Protection, Life Insurance and Trauma cover to meet their individual needs.
The cover for players Clubs and Competition Administrators provides:
- General Liability to protect the player, their club and their competition administrator for legal liability for compensation arising from personal injury or property damage;
- Professional Indemnity to protect the players club and their competition administrator for legal liability for a breach of professional duty in the sport by reason of an act, error or omission committed by or on behalf of the club and competition administrator; and
- Management Liability to protect the players Club against legal actions or civil proceedings made against their Club or its Officials for any wrongful act, employment breach and/or employee fraud.
For more information on what is provided, refer to the FFA National Insurance Programme website.